Boiler Maker/Welder To assemble, install and repair boilers, closed vats and other large vessels and containers that holds liquids and gases. Use of hand and power tools, plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs, or turnbuckles. Assist in testing assembled vessels. Direct cleaning of boilers and boiler furnaces. Inspect and repair boiler fittings, such as safety valves, regulators, automatic-control mechanisms, water columns, and auxiliary machines.
- N3 Qualification Boiler Maker
Training and Experience
- 1 years’ Boiler making Apprenticeship/on-the-job training
- 1 years’ boiler making experience
- 1 years’ of welding experience
- Engineering Science
- Plating and Structural Steelworkers Drawing
- Mechanotechnology N3
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Physical Fitness
- Planning and Organising
- Good Physical condition
- Ability to work independent
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work in a team
Key Performance Areas
- Review blueprints or specifications to determine work requirements.
- Maintain mechanical equipment.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves or regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, or metalworking machinery.
- Clean equipment or facilities.
- Compile weekly reports to the manager
- Carry out site assessments and prepare reports
- Prepare quotations
- The quality of work must be according to client specifications.
Salary: Market related