Please note that South African Work Authorization, or citizenship, will be required to apply for this role.
Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for assisting the IT Manager with the efficient operation and maintenance of all computer systems, data and voice communications activities at property.
Main Duties and Responsibility
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with all departments and Home Office.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to relate to all levels of staff.
- Must be able to assist hotel guests with technical requirements and issues.
- Must be able to provide high levels of service and support to admin users as per contracted Service Level Agreement.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting office as needed.
- Assist in ensuring critical systems, specifically Front Office Property Management System, Call Accounting, HSIA, PABX and Food & Beverage Point of Sales computer systems are available twenty-four (24) hours per day
- Assist with establishing and maintaining user procedures and hardware familiarization for all systems.
- Assist with providing Systems Administration, including maintaining user/group accounts, user configuration, trouble-shooting access problems and completion of on-site documentation.
- Assist in Server infrastructure management, performance monitoring, Operating System upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Assist with ensuring effective support for other systems, including back office, sales and catering and human resources applications and any other at the property.
- Assist with providing system support services, including service outage diagnosis, troubleshooting and restoration of service, virus protection management.
- Assist with maintaining and promoting Four Seasons core technology standards as outlined in the Four Seasons IT Core Standards.
- Assist in the co-ordination of new acquisitions and major projects as required.
- Participate in property-level, corporate-initiated technology implementations as required.
- Good knowledge and support for Desktop OS and applications including patches.
- Provide direct guest support and quality support to function rooms and conference services.
- Assist with administration of Lotus Notes, connection to global VPN and other communication tools.
- Assist in the process of systems backup and recovery procedures.
- Assist in management of third party vendors.
- Assist with providing 24 / 7 support for mission critical systems.
- Assist at network support and security of Hotel network, Active Directory maintenance, Server Infrastructure maintenance, Network Infrastructure maintenance – wired & wireless, Network protection and failover tools implementation (Firewall, web security, multi-homing devices, etc
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and IT Manager.